400mm X Quadcopter
A 400mm X-style quadcopter that I built on a tight budget with no prior experience with quadcopters or RC aircraft.
Many naive design choices were made, and while it flew, it was not durable and did not perform well. It met its fate after suffering a hard crash which caused the frame to completely disintegrate.
Flashing Turnigy Multistar ESCs with Simonk
Building a Quadcopter
Note: Please do not build a quadcopter using this spec list. It doesn’t fly well.
- Frame: Custom 400mm; Made from plastic and fiberglass
- Motors: Turnigy Aerodrive D2830-11 1000kv
- ESCs: Turnigy Multistar 30A w/ SBEC
- Props: cheap clone of APC Electric 8x4
- Battery: Zippy Compact 4000mAh 3S 25C LiPo
- Flight Controller: Arduino Pro Mini running Multiwii w/ GY-80 IMU
- Receiver: Turnigy 9X8C v2 8ch 2.4GHz
- Telemetry: cheap clone of 3DR Telemetry Module 915mHz