A 350mm H-style quadcopter that I designed to be more durable and reliable. Some of the components I reused from the X-quad, but on a lot of things, like the carbon fiber frame, I started fresh.
In early 2017, I made some revisions to the design. The frame was redesigned to increase its ability to withstand a crash and to reduce weight. The entire power system was replaced with higher quality components, so the flight times have improved significantly.
Everything related to this build can be found on GitHub, including drawings and schematics.
It’s been a really, really long time since I’ve posted anything here. I’ve been extremely busy with school stuff and I haven’t had the time or motivation to keep things documented. Regardless, a lot of progress has been made since the beginning of 2016. The second version of my quadcopter frame saw its first flight and first crash, which led me to realize a few of the major issues with the design and cause me to get to work on a revision.